“I’ve been extremely fortunate that the response from this trick alone has literally taken me all over the world...I get so much joy performing it on stage and on live television. If you haven’t seen it, watch the link below, and if you have, thanks so much for taking a look” - James
Here’s some fun facts and answers to some FAQ’s…
- The trick is performed with a regular deck of playing cards, an additional ‘What The Hell!‘ card and no jokers. No joke.
- 673 King Street has been included in TV’s 50 Greatest Magic Tricks.
- I found out randomly (I promise!) that 673 King Street is actually a brothel in Sydney. While shooting an opening link for Urban Magic, I thought it would be fun to do it outside a real 673 King Street, I knew there’d be one in Newtown (there was). When all the crew and I arrived on location the following week, there was a lot of confusion, many laughs, much delight and a big push to move on by producers (not to mention a madam who was unsure why her parking lot was full at 8am)
- It almost went horribly wrong on Ellen (I was so excited I got distracted!)
- I have no regrets in life, except wearing an Ed Hardy tee shirt on a performance I didn’t know would go viral.
673 King Street is protected under Copyright to James Galea 2012